Screen Ireland has announced the successful finalists for the Spotlight: Stage to Screen, the third iteration of Screen Ireland’s flagship writing talent development scheme, aimed at discovering and developing fresh and original new voices.
With 10 final projects, a total of 12 writers with a background in theatre and/or radio drama have been selected out of 120 applicants, to adapt a piece of their own stage or radio work for the screen.
The successful Spotlight projects and writers are as follows:
- Down with Jazz by Esosa Ighodaro
- Just Like You Said It Would Be by Anna Ní Dhúill
- Looking for América by Janet Moran and Federico Julián González
- The Community / Singing for Survival by Aisling Byrne
- The Window Smashers by Rían Smith
- Platforms by Ally Ryan and Becky Cheatle
- Walk For Me by Kate Stanley Brennan
- Feis Moms by Jonathan Hughes
- Appropriate by Sarah-Jane Scott
- Joss Paper & Roast Duck by Eve Li
To find out more about the writers / writing teams and their selected projects, please visit the Spotlight digital showcase here.