The Bread & Roses Theatre Playwriting Award is a competition for full length theatre plays that have not previously been produced or published and feature at least half of female, non-binary or gender neutral roles by UK and Europe based writers.
The winning play will receive:
- Professional production at The Bread & Roses Theatre & 10% of box office income (in 2023/24)
- Publication by The Bread & Roses Theatre & royalty from all sales
- Full-length, at least 60 minutes in expected running time.
- Plays must primarily be in the English language.
- Submissions may not have previously been produced or published (up to 3 rehearsed readings are permitted and playwrights may have had other work that’s been produced and/or published) and may not currently be attached to a producer or company.
- At least half the material should be female or non-binary roles (measured by number of lines/presence and may include non-gender-specific roles).
- Plays should not require more than a cast of 7.
- Playwrights must be based in the UK or Europe.
The deadline is 12pm on Friday, 14th October 2022.
Further details here.