Abbey Theatre Seek Literary And New Work Director
Abbey Theatre is looking for a Literary And New Work Director with extensive knowledge of the theatre industry and previous experience of working with writers.
- Leading the Literary and New Work Department in developing and sustaining an effective infrastructure for the commissioning and development of new work for the stage.
- Developing relationships with writers commissioned by and previously produced by the Abbey.
- Establishing new relationships with Irish and International writers and theatre makers.
- Identifying writers and theatre makers to be commissioned.
- Providing modes of support for writers and theatre-makers through workshops and similar structures.
- Developing a multi-faceted dramaturgical support structure for the development of new work which accommodates a wide range of approaches to the creation of theatre.
- Supporting the dramaturgical development of commissions.
- Building and maintaining connections to playwrights, agents, and the artistic staff of other theatres in order to scout potential new projects
- Managing and acquiring rights and options of plays
- Liaising with literary agents executing and implementing writer contracts.
- Managing internal and external stakeholder relationships with clarity and integrity
- Collaborating with the Co-Directors and Head of Producing on selecting, developing, and producing new productions each season.
- Input into strategic planning and the creative development of the department and leading on the delivery of same.
- Working and collaborating with the other members of the senior management team.
- Any other duties that are deemed reasonable and appropriate.
The closing date for applications is 5 pm on 30/09/2022
Further details here.