Flipping the Script is a webinar that aims to give people from underrepresented groups an overview of the basics of writing for animation in Ireland. The webinar is a precursor to two animation writing programmes beginning in early 2024. Full details of these programmes, including application details, will be announced soon.
What will this course cover?
As this is an introductory course, you do not need to have any experience in screenwriting. The webinar will cover topics such as
- An overview of the Irish Animation Industry
- The Animation production pipeline
- How to get started as a writer for Animation
The webinar will conclude with a short creative writing session with screenwriter, script editor and tutor Dee Roycroft.
- Where possible, keynote materials will be made available to those that request them in advance (details on how to do this will be sent after registration.)
- Participants can leave their cameras switched off during the webinar
- The webinar will be recorded and will be made available with closed captioning after the event.
- Please note the creative writing session that concludes the webinar will not be recorded.
January 8th at 12 noon.
If you have any issues registering via the link below you can email [email protected] who will assist you with your registration.
If you would like to request keynote materials in advance, please email [email protected]
To access the webinar, you will receive an email on Tuesday, January 9th with the Zoom link. Please check your junk/spam folders but if you have not received the Zoom link by 5pm on Tuesday, January, 9th, please contact [email protected]
To secure your place at the webinar please select Register for the Webinar below.