The Board of the Writers’ Guild of Ireland (WGI) Seeks to Appoint an Executive Director from September 2023
The Board of the Writers’ Guild of Ireland (WGI) seeks to appoint an ambitious and highly motivated Executive Director from September 2023, to lead and manage the Guild’s work over the next 5 years. This is a leadership role which requires managerial experience and skills at a senior level. The Executive Director will be the chief executive officer at WGI and will report to the board and liaise regularly with the Chair. The Director will also be responsible for managing WGI’s small team (one part-time administrator, and additional freelance staff), be the public face and voice of WGI together with the Chair, and will be the principal point of contact with funders and other strategic and operational partners. The Guild is a Company Limited by Guarantee and the successful candidate will be expected to act as Company Secretary. The role is full-time and based at WGI’s offices in Dublin 2.
The successful candidate must have
- excellent interpersonal skills
- experience in drafting strategy, policy and position statements
- experience in lobbying and negotiating
- an understanding of the importance of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion strategy and implementation
- experience of working closely with, and reporting to a board
- the ability to do self-directed work, and manage a small team
- a vision for the WGI and the ability to drive the Guild’s strategic planning over the next five years
- experience in managing budgets and funding applications, and building new funding relationships
- experience in leading and managing an organisation at senior level
Experience of working effectively within the publicly funded arts/entertainment sector, working with writers nationally or internationally, plus a sound knowledge of basic principles of copyright, of rights management and of writers’ contracts, and a practical understanding of the film, tv and theatre sector in Ireland and of the needs of writers within this context will be an advantage. However, we also welcome candidates who are not from the arts sector but who can demonstrate transferable skills.
To apply, please view our detailed application pack here and submit your application to [email protected] before Monday 15th May at 5pm (extended deadline).