Rachel O’Flanagan & Mary Kate O’Flanagan are offering a 7-week online programme in the art of crafting a scene.
Tuesdays 19:30-21:30 (Irish Time) commencing March 28th 2023. This course also includes one individual consultation session with the tutor (1 x 120 minute meeting by arrangement). All classes are recorded so that you can watch or rewatch them in your own time.
Over the course of seven two-hour classes, this programme will teach how to make each scene a mini-masterpiece, covering:
- Shaping a Scene For Maximum Impact
- Finding the Heart of The Scene
- Replacing Dialogue With Visuals
- The Magic of the Objective Correlative
- What Constitutes a Twist and Why It Is So Necessary
- Scenes of Preparation and Scenes of Aftermath
- Set Pieces, When To Use Them and How To Write Them.
- Open Conflict and Hidden Conflict
- Scenes of Seduction
- The Lubitsch Touch
- How to Be Subtle and Also Clear
- Writing Thought Processes & Emotions Clearly
- Cinematic Storytelling and Your Originality
The course includes individual coaching (1 x 2 hour session with your tutor).