Cultural & Creative Industries Skillnet welcome Dee Roycroft for this in-depth six week course. Participants will be taken through each stage of script development -from pitch to outline, to finished episode. Whether you want to write for your favourite show or write your own, this course will give you the basics you’ll need to write a spec script or develop your idea.
The course will focus on children’s animation – from preschool up. Some writing experience is preferable, though not necessary.
6 Monday evenings from 7pm- 9pm starting on April 3rd
April 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th
May 1st, 8th
The six weeks will cover the following topics:
- Bible/pitchdeck content and development.
- Basic skills and techniques in writing premises, outlines and scene by scenes.
- Writing dialogue and scenes.
- Developing a script.
- Familiarity with scripting formats.
- Familiarity with S&P (Standards and Practice).
Full details and application here by Wednesday March 29th at Noon.