Data Stories Project Artists/creative Writers in Residence Posts
The Data Stories project is seeking three artists and creative writers of established reputation to work on the project for a 12 month period.
All three positions run from August 2023 – July 2024, with duties expected to average 3 days a week working on two case studies, each running for six months. Applications will be accepted from the full spectrum of artists, including performance and installation artists and digital and media artists, craft workers, novelists, short story writers, playwrights, poets, cartoonists, essayists, and film and documentary makers.
The work associated with the positions is:
- To work on two of the Data Stories case studies (scheduled for 6 months each).
- To aid the research team to produce a data story relating to planning and property in Dublin.
- To produce at least one data story for each case study through the artist/writer’s own creative practice, drawing on the case study research findings and planning and property data relating to Dublin.
- To produce at least one data story for each case study in collaboration with a sector stakeholder using a research creation workshop approach. This will involve several meetings with the stakeholder and researchers and running at least two workshops per case study.
- To help with the artistic direction in public exhibitions of the produced data stories.
- To document their creative practice on the project work, take part in interviews with the research team about the process of producing data stories, and discuss their experiences and viewpoints at public events relating to the project.
Closing Date is 23:30hrs (local Irish time) on Monday 13th February, 2023
For an overview of the Data Stories project see here
The post booklet is available here.
There will be an information session on the project and posts where prospective applicants can find out
more about the expected work and can ask questions. If you have a specific question email it in advance
to [email protected].
Thurs 19th January 11.00am-12.00am (Irish time): On Teams. Click here to join the meeting
The session will be recorded and then shared on the project website.