The Next Stage – Call for Applications
Apply now for the artist development strand of Dublin Theatre Festival.
Presented by Theatre Forum in partnership with Dublin Theatre Festival, the Next Stage is the artist development strand of Dublin Theatre Festival.
Over the 18 days of the festival, participants are immersed in the programme and given access to an array of leading artists in a curated schedule of talks, interviews, group time and workshops. The Next Stage has been lauded by alumni as “a rare amount of inspiration” and “career changing”.
The Next Stage:
- The 2022 Next Stage programme will start on Thursday 29th September and run to Saturday 15th October.
- Programme participants are expected to attend all sessions as well as performances most evenings. Sundays will be free.
- Participation in the Next Stage is by application only. Please fill in the online form here.
- Applications close at 5pm Wednesday 17th August.
- Places will be offered to successful applicants by Friday 26th August.
- A contribution of €400 will be offered to each participant towards expenses incurred while participating.
- If you are based outside of Dublin, you can apply for an additional support of €500 towards accommodation/travel expenses. There are a limited number of these available, and they will be awarded on a discretionary basis. Applicants may still be offered a place on the Next Stage regardless of where they live, but due to finite resources, may not be offered this additional support.
Further information here.