Now in its fifth year, Cruinniú na nÓg is an initiative of the Creative Ireland Programme supported by the Local Authorities and RTE.
With hundreds of free events, workshops, exhibitions and performances, and a special focus on starter workshops to encourage young people to try something new, Cruinniú na nÓg is an opportunity for children and young people to fulfil a secret creative ambition or showcase their inner creative hero!
· Twelve pop-up dance performances developed by local youth dance companies with support from Dance Ireland.
· Eight live Garageland concerts in Dublin, Meath, Donegal, Waterford, Tipperary, Kerry, Wicklow, Cavan and Monaghan featuring some of our best young bands.
· Circus skills workshops in Irish Street Arts, Circus and Spectacle Network (ISACS) with dedicated venues in Cloughjordan, Cork, Dublin and Galway.
· Free access to creative activities in Killruddery House and Gardens in Wicklow, Kilmokea House in Wexford, Birr Castle in Offaly and Enniscoe House in Mayo.
· The Nenagh Children’s Film Festival to include screenings of 10 film shorts created by participating schools.
· 50 introductory youth theatre workshops throughout the country.
· The winning entries of This is Art will be announced.
· TG4 with support from the Gaeltacht division of the Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media programme will screen 4 films made by Gaelscoileanna Transition Year students.
Cruinniú na nÓg takes place on Saturday 11th June next with full event details available at https://cruinniu.creativeireland.gov.ie.