SPI Webinar: What can the Content Levy do for local film and TV production?
Discussion on the potential for the #contentlevy in the Irish Film and TV production sector.
The AV Content Group (RTÉ, TG4, SPI, SDGI, WGI, SCGI and Animation Ireland) have been working together to convince the Government to introduce the content levy as soon as possible.
Screen Producers Ireland (SPI) is hosting a webinar panel next Tuesday, May 10th at 11.00am on the potential for the #contentlevy in the Irish Film and TV production sector and why the AV Content Group are calling on the Government to introduce the levy to Ireland without delay.
Register for this webinar.
RTÉ deputy Chairperson Ian Kehoe will guide a conversation with senior Irish and European representatives to talk about
- The vision and potential for the content levy
- Benefits of the levy in other European countries
- Creating content for new and established online services
- Importance of IP rights as part of any content levy production deal
The panel includes:
- Susana Gato – APTI and President of CEPI (European Producers Association)
- James Hickey – SPI Board member and ex CEO Screen Ireland
- Sarah Glennane – CEO, Screen Composers Guild of Ireland
- Philippe Alessandri – Chairperson, Animation in Europe
- Katharina Hiersemenzel – SVP, Public Policy in Constantin Film