Diversity and Inclusion Focus Groups
As part of our ongoing work to advance Equality, Diversity and Inclusion within WGI, we are working with an external facilitator, Adaku Okafor from PhoenixRize Consulting, to carry out two focus group sessions with members. The purpose of the focus groups is to provide a safe space for members to share their experiences within the Guild including their perception of the culture, procedures, policies and practices of WGI. A summary of findings and recommendations will be developed based on feedback from the focus groups.
It is important for WGI that people step forward from DIE backgrounds to help us better understand their needs.
Each focus group will be two hours in length, held online, with a maximum of fifteen participants in each. The sessions will be held on the 10th & 11th of May at 10am – 12noon on both days.
The focus groups will cover the following themes:
- Diversity: Diversity of members, visibility of underrepresented members & Barriers to membership, Positive aspects of being a member of WGI
- Inclusion: Feeling of being supported, encouraged, recognised and are advised of rights. Access to information and resources; ability to influence decision making process
- Psychological safety/Grievance Procedure: Feel comfortable to raise problems/issues/ideas with leadership/board
- Learning & Development: Support to attend EDI workshops
- Career Development Opportunities for members
- Policy, Practices & Procedures: Awareness about EDI policy and DEI initiatives, Ease of membership
Should you have any questions, please reach out to [email protected]