Screen Ireland and University College Cork are seeking 20 participants for “Neurodiversity in the Screen Industries”.
The programme will run Tuesday evenings from 19:00 to 20:30 online from the 29th of March, and will also incorporate 1 ½ hours of non-linear content each week and two full days on the 7th and 28th of May.
- Introduction to Neurodiversity
- Conditions of Neurodiversity – Autism, Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Dyspraxia, ADHD – supports
- Conditions of Neurodiversity – Tourette Syndrome, Mental Illness, Dysgraphia – supports
- Social construction of Neurodiversity
- Full Day Workshop – UCC/Online – The role of the Screen Industry in the Portrayal of Neurodiversity and its Impact – Examples of representation, presentations, discussions
- Perspectives on Inclusion
- Policy and Practice – Irish and International
- Production roles in light of Neurodiversity
- Strategies for employment, integration and support of Neurodiverse employees
- Full Day Workshop – UCC/Online – Speakers from the industry who are Neurodiverse, leaders
This course is aimed at Producers, Directors, Company leaders, HOD’s, Managers, Supervisors, Teams, and anyone interested in fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Please apply by 12pm on Monday 21st March by sending your CV through to [email protected] with ‘Neurodiversity in the Screen Industries’ in the subject line.