Neurodiversity in the Screen Industries
A course aimed at fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Screen Ireland and University College Cork are seeking 20 participants for “Neurodiversity in the Screen Industries”.
The programme will run Tuesday evenings from 19:00 to 20:30 online from the 29th of March, and will also incorporate 1 ½ hours of non-linear content each week and two full days on the 7th and 28th of May.
- Introduction to Neurodiversity
- Conditions of Neurodiversity – Autism, Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Dyspraxia, ADHD – supports
- Conditions of Neurodiversity – Tourette Syndrome, Mental Illness, Dysgraphia – supports
- Social construction of Neurodiversity
- Full Day Workshop – UCC/Online – The role of the Screen Industry in the Portrayal of Neurodiversity and its Impact – Examples of representation, presentations, discussions
- Perspectives on Inclusion
- Policy and Practice – Irish and International
- Production roles in light of Neurodiversity
- Strategies for employment, integration and support of Neurodiverse employees
- Full Day Workshop – UCC/Online – Speakers from the industry who are Neurodiverse, leaders
This course is aimed at Producers, Directors, Company leaders, HOD’s, Managers, Supervisors, Teams, and anyone interested in fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Please apply by 12pm on Monday 21st March by sending your CV through to [email protected] with ‘Neurodiversity in the Screen Industries’ in the subject line.