AboutFACE: 5 Questions With Playwright Lisa D’Amour
The latest episode of 5 Questions With… AboutFACE‘s series of video interviews, features Lisa D’Amour.
Lisa is a playwright whose work has been produced by theatres such as Manhattan Theater Club on Broadway, Playwrights’ Horizons, Steppenwolf, Clubbed Thumb, The Wilma, Woolly Mammoth, and the National in London. Her plays include Detroit, which won the Obie and was a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize and the Susan Smith Blackburn prize, and Airline Highway which received four Tony nominations. Lisa is also an interdisciplinary artist and one half of the OBIE-Award winning performance duo PearlDamour, who are known for creating large-scale performances, often site-specific, that mix theater and installation. Lisa’s accolades include the Alpert Award for the Arts, the Steinberg Playwright Award and the Doris Duke Performing Artist Award.
AboutFACE’s 5 Questions With… is a series of video interviews where AboutFACE’s Co-Artistic Directors Anna and Paul Nugent pose 5 questions to leading figures in theatre.
Guests so far have included:
- actors Ewen Bremner, Denise Gough, Clare Dunne, Chukwudi Iwuji and Kathleen Chalfant
- playwrights Paula Vogel, Neil Labute, Mary Zimmerman and John Cariani
- directors such as Tony winner Garry Hynes and Tony nominee Kristin Hanggi
- plus artistic directors of the Abbey, Lyric, the Irish Rep, St. Louis Rep and Magic Theatre
- and more including key figures in design, casting, producing
Available to watch on AboutFACE’s youtube channel